This project is present since de beginning of the CEAS, with the formation of agricultural cooperatives, bank of seeds and agricultural courses in the Educational Center Tepeyac.
The objectives of the project are :
- to obtain agricultural (breeding?) productivity through appropriate technology without distressing the farmers and the environnment that surround them.
- to train the beneficiaries and gather agricultural promoters.
- to encourage the farmers to comercialize and consume the animals obtained to improve their socioeconomic status. Our interest is to encourage and promove the peasant self-sustaining.
The livestock area consists of four components :
- improving of sheep productivity
- production of alpacas
- dairy cattle production
- livestock production in Penipe
The most common activities that take place with the organizations and the developers (sponsors?)involved are :
- Deparasitation and application of vitamins to cattle and sheep.
- Vaccinations to prevent desease in cattle and sheep.
- Improving food : mainly alfalfa seeds, balanced mixtures of grass with a supply of mineral salts.
- Treatment of deseases common to various animals.
- Improvement of buildings, adapted for the animals.